Creamy chicken with pesto recipe
- 50ml olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into even strips
- small head of broccoli, prepared into small florets
- 1tbsp parsley leaves, very finely chopped
- 50g baby button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 50ml double cream
- 1tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat until hot. Season then sear the chicken for a few minutes all over. Remove from the heat and set to one side.
- Cut 4 square sheets of nonstick baking paper, roughly 10 inch squared. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced mushrooms, broccoli, and chicken strips together.
- Stir in the double cream, remaining olive oil, parsley and some seasoning. Spoon into the centres of the squares of nonstick baking paper, then drop small dollops of the tomato pesto on top.
- Bring the edges up and around the mixture, creating a pocket. Seal the tops well by pinching the paper together and folding over to make a seam.
- Place on baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, with no pink showing, and the broccoli is tender. Remove and open the pockets carefully as trapped steam will escape quickly.
- Allow them to cool for a minute before serving.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.