Crunchy cheese straws recipe
Delight your dinner party guests with this easy cheese straws recipe. The perfect nibble for passing round your party guests, and made with just five ingredients, this snack recipe is sure to become a firm favourite. See method
- 6 large sheets ready-made filo pastry
- 25g butter, melted
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 1tsp paprika
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Unwrap the pastry and cover with damp, but not wet, kitchen paper. Place one sheet on a work surface. Stir together the melted butter and oil and brush a little of it all over the filo. Now sprinkle over a heaped spoonful of the cheese and add a pinch of paprika.
- Fold the pastry in half widthways, press down to remove any air bubbles, then tightly roll it up lengthways to form a thin cylinder. Cut this in half and you should be left with two straws that are each about 15cm (6in) long. Place on a baking sheet, then repeat with the remaining pastry.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Brush the straws all over with more of the butter mixture, then bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Set aside on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil, and allow to cool before serving.
The straws will keep in an airtight container for 1 day.
See more Christmas recipes