Dairy and egg-free crêpes recipe
Enjoy these dairy and egg-free French crêpes for breakfast, you can fill them however you like with sweet or savoury fillings or toppings. Try a classic combination of lemon and sugar, or turn them into a healthy start to the day with fresh fruit. See method
- 250g (8oz) plain flour
- 450ml (3/4 pint) Koko coconut dairy-free milk alternative
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra to oil the pan
- lemon juice, to serve
- sugar, to serve
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Measure the flour into a bowl. Pour in the coconut dairy-free milk alternative slowly, making sure you have no lumps. Stir in the oil. Allow to sit for five minutes.
- Meanwhile place a 23cm (9in) frying pan over a medium-high heat. Oil the surface using a little sunflower oil on a kitchen towel or a sprayable sunflower oil. When the pan is nicely hot, pour in the pancake batter until the dollop is about two-thirds the size of the pan.
- Quickly pick up the pan and swirl it around so the batter spreads across the surface. Fry until well browned (about two minutes), then use a fish slice to loosen the pancake. Flip it over and fry for two more minutes.
- Place the finished pancakes on a plate. Repeat the process until the batter is used. Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of sugar.
See more Dairy-free recipes