This Asian-inspired duck recipe will sure turn heads. Tender duck paired with a chilli, orange sauce is a real winner!
- Heat the oven to Gas 6, 200°C, 180°C fan.
- Finely score the duck skin. Keep chilled.
- Put the sweet chilli sauce in a pan with the orange juice and heat gently until combined and glossy.
- Place the duck in a roasting tin and roast on the top shelf of the oven for 35 minutes until golden. Leave the duck to rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, microwave the rice according to the pack instructions and gently reheat the sauce.
- Put 1tbsp of duck fat from the roasting tin into a large frying pan and stir-fry the curly kale for 2-3 minutes.
- Thickly slice the duck. Pile the curly kale onto warmed serving plates. Arrange the duck on the kale, and spoon the sauce over the top. To make the timbales, spoon the rice into lightly oiled teacups or ramekins, press down well and turn out onto the serving plates.
See more Duck recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.