Eggs Benedict recipe
Classic eggs Benedict is the ultimate weekend brunch recipe. Topping toasted muffin with salty ham, a perfectly poached egg and creamy hollandaise sauce gives an indulgent dish that's wonderfully comforting. See method
- 2 large tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 medium or large eggs
- 2 seeded bagels, sliced in half
- 4 slices roast ham
- 6 tbsp Tesco Finest hollandaise sauce
- 50g rocket
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat the grill to high, season the cut sides of the tomatoes and grill for 3-4 minutes. Keep warm.
- To poach the eggs, bring a deep pan of water to the boil. Pour in the vinegar and break each egg into a separate ramekin. Turn the heat down a little, swirl the water to create a whirlpool and gently pour an egg into the centre of the whirlpool to create a round shape. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon to a warm plate. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Meanwhile, toast the bagels and top each half with a slice of ham. When the eggs are all done, add a tomato half to each bagel, a poached egg and a spoonful of hollandaise sauce. Serve with a handful of rocket scattered on top.
See more Breakfast recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
If serving vulnerable groups, elderly people, toddlers, pregnant women and people who are unwell, cook eggs until the whites and yolks are solid.