This sweet and mildly spiced curry by Galton Blackiston is a great way to use up your leftover turkey and is bound to go down a storm with the kids. This dish takes less than an hour to prepare, so is ideal for a lazy Boxing Day meal. Serve with steamed rice.
- Place a saucepan over a low heat and melt the butter. Add the onions to the pan and cook for 1 min to soften.
- Add the banana, pineapple and apple to the pan and cook on a gentle heat for 5 mins, stirring as you go.
- Add the curry powder and desiccated coconut and stir to coat the fruit, then pour in the chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook on a gentle heat for 20 mins.
- Place a sieve over a bowl and pass the curry through so that you are left with a smooth sauce. Add the sauce back to a pan and heat gently. Discard the solids left in the sieve – they will have imparted enough sweetness into the dish by this point.
- Add the turkey back to the sauce and simmer until the meat is heated through. Serve immediately.
See all Cooking with Kids recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.