Using many of the same ingredients as classic pork meatballs, this mouthwatering burger features a juicy ginger pork patty, crunchy cabbage and cashew slaw, and zingy sriracha mayo – all sandwiched between a toasted garlic butter bun.
- Put all the patty ingredients in a bowl with 2 tsp water and mix well. Set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Stir the slaw ingredients together in a bowl, then set aside. In a small bowl, combine the mayo and sriracha sauce.
- Divide the pork mixture into 4 even-sized balls. Pat them into 1·5cm (3/4in) thick patties.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the patties and press lightly with a spatula. Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, until the pork is cooked through with no pink meat remaining. Transfer to a plate to rest.
- Stir the softened butter and minced garlic together. Spread a thin layer of the garlic butter on the cut sides of the buns. Toast them face down in the pan for a minute or so until they are warm and lightly charred.
- To assemble your burger, spread the base bun with the sriracha mayo, then layer on a couple of lettuce leaves, a patty, and a generous serving of slaw.
See more Pork recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.
This delicious recipe was created by food vloggers the Dumpling Sisters and is part of our Tesco Dinner Tonight series, which shows you how to turn kitchen classics into new and inspiring dishes. You can watch the full recipe video here.