Less is more with this delicious dinner for two - succulent lamb is seasoned simply with black pepper and griddled, before being served with a richly spiced lentil, kale and tomato dhal. Not only is it packed with protein, low in salt and a great source of vitamin C, but it's also perfect for gluten-free diets - what's not to love?
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the spices. Cook for 1 min before adding the onion, garlic and chilli to cook for another 1-2 mins.
- Stir in the lentils, 400ml water, the coconut cream and the coriander and bring to simmer. Cook for 15-18 mins, until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Season the lamb with black pepper. Heat a griddle pan until hot and cook the lamb for 6-7 mins on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Stir the kale and tomatoes into the dhal, cook for 1-2 mins and season to taste. Slice the lamb into strips.
- Divide the dhal between 2 warmed bowls. Serve with the sliced lamb and sprinkle with the chopped mint to serve.
See more Lamb recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.