These Guinness cupcakes are a real treat for Guinness lovers and are great for St Patrick's day celebrations. They are light in texture and topped with a decadent cream cheese icing, making them look like a pint of iconic Guinness!
- Heat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Beat the butter, sugar and malt or treacle together until light and creamy. Gradually stir in the eggs, adding a little flour if the mixture starts to separate.
- Sift the cocoa powder into the mixture, then add the flour, baking powder and Guinness and beat lightly until evenly mixed.
- Divide the mixture between the wells in a 12-hole muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 mins, until risen and firm to the touch. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Then beat in the icing sugar and the alcohol until the mixture forms soft peaks. Chill for 30 minutes, if necessary. Then spread over the cupcakes and scatter on some green sugar sprinkles.
See more Baking recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.