Hot cross bun filled doughnuts recipe
Have some fun with your hot cross buns and turn them into these indulgent hot cross bun doughnuts. A super simple Easter hack just choose your favourite flavour of hot cross buns and take your pick of fillings, from indulgent chocolate to sweet jam. Enjoy as a breakfast treat or afternoon pick-me-up. See method
For fruity custard
- 4-pack Tesco Finest hot cross buns
- 150ml ready-to-serve custard
For double chocolate and salted caramel
- 4-pack Tesco Finest salted caramel & Belgian chocolate hot cross buns
- 100g Tesco Finest Belgian chocolate sauce, mixed with ½ tsp just-boiled water until smooth and loosened
For very berry
- 4-pack Tesco Finest red berry hot cross buns
- 100g seedless raspberry jam, mixed with ½ tsp just-boiled water until smooth and loosened
- Insert a small sharp knife in the side of each hot cross bun to create a small indent. Use the end of a wooden spoon to increase the gap and create a recess inside the hot cross bun.
- Fill the piping bag with your chosen filling and squeeze a quarter of the filling into each hot cross bun. Gently pinch the edge of the hot cross bun together to seal.
See more Easter recipes