Inside-out sushi rolls recipe
Swap your nori sheets with cucumber ribbons to make these fresh inside-out sushi rolls. With a slather of cream cheese, smoked salmon and a dash of wasabi paste, these are perfect for pre-dinner nibbles or a creative snack. See method
- 50g Thai fragrant long grain rice
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 large cucumber, peeled into 10 ribbons, core discarded
- 100g soft cheese
- 200g smoked salmon, sliced
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
For the dipping sauce
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
White rice can always be swapped for brown (check cooking instructions for timings)
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put the rice into a pan with 150ml cold water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, part covered, for 10 mins.
- When all the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat, cover and rest for 5 mins. Stir in the vinegar, tip onto a plate then put in the fridge to cool fully.
- Put the cucumber ribbons on a large board. Dab with kitchen roll to dry a little, then gently spread a little soft cheese along each ribbon. Cut in half widthways. Lay a slice of salmon on each end, leaving about an inch free on one side. Dot a little wasabi onto the salmon followed by a thin, single layer of rice. Roll up from the salmon end.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and serve with the sushi rolls. Serve immediately.
See more Healthy snack recipes