Mackerel stir-fry recipe
If you're trying to get more fish into your diet, try this wallet-friendly mackerel stir-fry recipe. Ready in just 25 mins, top gingery noodles and veg with a crispy mackerel fillet for a speedy midweek dinner idea. See method
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 mackerel fillets
- 4 nests fine egg noodles
- 30g ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 320g vegetable stir-fry mix
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce, plus more to serve
- 15g fresh coriander, leaves picked
If you haven't got any egg noodles, try using pasta like spaghetti instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pat the mackerel fillets dry with kitchen paper and fry skin-side down for 5 mins. Flip carefully with a spatula and cook for another 2-3 mins until cooked through and the fish is flaky. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water for 2-3 mins until tender. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add the ginger and garlic, then fry for 1 min until fragrant. Tip in the veg mix and fry for 4-5 mins, stirring continually, until cooked but still with a little bite. Toss in the cooked noodles and soy sauce. Mix well until everything is coated, then divide between bowls. Serve with the mackerel on top, scattered with the coriander leaves. Serve with more soy sauce if you like.
See more Mackerel recipes