Mince pie pops recipe
Transform mincemeat into a tantalising dessert with cute and Christmassy mince pie pops See method
- 125g mincemeat
- 25g marzipan, cut into small pieces or rolled into small balls
- 320g pack ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 tsp cold water
If using a jar of mincemeat, stir in the zest of ½ orange, 1 finely chopped ball of stem ginger and 1 tsp syrup from the jar for extra flavour
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 200C, fan 180C. Mix the mincemeat and marzipan in a bowl and set aside.
- Unroll the pastry on its paper. To make round mince pie pops, use cutters to stamp out 10 x 5.5cm and 10 x 6cm circles of pastry. Cut a small hole, star or cross in the centre of the larger circles. To make star shapes, use 6.5cm and 7cm star cutters.
- Place a cake pop stick so it rests in the centre of each smaller pastry shape and spoon a heaped tsp of mincemeat on top. Brush around it with egg, top with the larger shape and press to seal. Use a fork or icing nozzle to decorate the edges.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet, brush with more egg then chill for at least 10 mins. Bake for 20-25 mins, until golden brown and crisp.