This Mexican-inspired dish is perfect for sharing! With crisp tortillas, spicy mixed beans, homemade avocado salsa and plenty of mature Cheddar, this easy nachos recipe takes just over half an hour to make, but is sure to be devoured in minutes.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Cut the tortillas into triangles, brush with a little oil and bake for 10-15 minutes, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat a little more oil in a large pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, fry for 30 seconds, then stir in the beans, tomatoes and sugar; cook for 5 minutes. Roughly mash the beans with a fork and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes, until thickened.
- In a bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, chilli and half the coriander with the lime juice and extra-virgin olive oil. Season well.
- Stir the remaining coriander through the beans and spoon over the tortillas. Scatter with the cheese and serve with the avocado salsa.
See more Easy weeknight recipes