Neapolitan frozen yogurt recipe
Why pick just one flavour when you can have three? Mango, blueberry and cherry sorbets line up for this colourful fruity twist on a classic Neapolitan. Using frozen fruit and Greek yogurt makes it super speedy to whizz together each flavour, so you can be enjoying sorbet in the sunshine in no time. See method
- 480g pack frozen pitted dark sweet cherries
- 85g icing sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 200g 0% fat Greek-style yogurt
- 500g pack frozen mango chunks
- 2 tbsp honey
- 400g pack frozen blueberries
- mint leaves, to serve
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Whizz 400g cherries (reserve the rest) in a food processor with 2½ tbsp icing sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 4 tbsp yogurt and 4 tbsp water until smooth. Spoon into one end of a 2ltr freezer-proof container to fill one-third of it. Level the top and sides, then freeze.
- Wipe out the food processor bowl. Blitz the mango with the honey, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 3 tbsp yogurt and 4-5 tbsp water until smooth. Taste and add a bit more lemon or sugar if needed. Spoon into the container next to the cherry frozen yogurt and return to the freezer.
- Wipe out the bowl again and blitz the blueberries with the remaining icing sugar, lemon juice, yogurt and 3 tbsp water until smooth. Spoon into the final third of the container and level the top. Serve immediately or, for a better scoop, freeze for 1 hr. Drag an ice cream scoop along all 3 frozen yogurts and drop into small sundae glasses. Top with mint leaves and the reserved defrosted cherries.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
In order to enjoy optimum flavour and quality, frozen items are best used within 3 months of their freezing date. For more tips on freezing and defrosting food, read our article Love Your Freezer.
See more Ice cream recipes