Paprika pork fajitas recipe
For the fajitas
- 40ml olive oil
- 500g pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas
- sprigs of coriander, to garnish
For the garnish
- 150ml Tesco Healthy Eating soured cream
- 100ml Tesco light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1tsp paprika
If you don't have sour cream, use crème fraîche or yogurt
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Start by preparing the garnish; whisk together the garlic, mayonnaise, soured cream and paprika in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Season to taste, then cover and chill until needed. Prepare the fajita filling by heating the olive oil in a large frying pan set over a moderate heat.
- Saute the pork for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown in colour all over. Add the onion and peppers and stir well. Reduce the heat a little and cover the pan for 2-3 minutes to allow the steam to soften the vegetables and the pork to cook through.
- Remove the lid and add the cumin, paprika and some seasoning and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes before removing from the heat. Heat another frying pan over a medium heat for 1 minute, then warm the flour tortillas in it for 10-15 seconds on both sides until warmed. Lay on a flat surface and spoon the filling into the centre of them.
- Top with a little of the prepared soured cream sauce, then roll up and arrange on plates with the seam underneath to hold them in place. Serve immediately with a sprig of coriander as a garnish.
See more Mexican recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.