Peaches and cream ice lollies recipe
Keep cool with these mouthwatering peach and cream ice lollies. If you don’t have any fresh peaches (or nectarines), simply blend a tin of peach halves in syrup with the lemon to make the purée and continue from step 4. Freeze for up to 1 month. See method
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 4 ripe peaches or nectarines, halved and stoned
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 300g pot fresh custard
- 150g light condensed milk
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put the sugar in a medium pan with 100ml water. Bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Reduce the heat to low, add the peaches or nectarines and cover with a lid. Simmer for 10 mins, or until the fruit is soft, but still holds its shape.
- Remove the fruit with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool a little. Reserve the syrup. Peel the cooled fruit and discard the skin. Put the flesh in a blender with the reserved syrup and lemon juice; whizz until smooth.
- In a jug, combine the custard with the condensed milk. Line up 8 lolly moulds. Put a large spoonful of the custard mixture into each one, followed by a spoonful of the fruit purée. Repeat, alternating layers of custard and purée, until both mixtures are used up.
- Put a lolly stick into each mould and freeze for 4 hrs, or until solid. To eat, dip each mould in hot water for a few secs to loosen, and pull the ice lolly out by its stick.
See more Dessert recipes