Pistachio and mint chocolate cones recipe
The cool fresh taste of mint and the nuttiness of the pistachio are a perfect pairing in these ice cream filled cones... And that's not all - melted chocolate and chunky pieces take them to another level of delight. See method
- 75g shelled pistachios
- 600ml whipping cream
- 405g tin light condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- green food colouring
- 75g dark chocolate mint thins, roughly chopped
- 200g mint flavoured dark chocolate, broken into cubes
- 12 waffle cones
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put the pistachios in a food processor and pulse a few times until roughly chopped. Remove 2 tbsp of the nuts and set aside to serve. Whizz the remaining nuts until finely chopped.
- Put the cream in a mixing bowl and whip to soft peaks. Fold in the condensed milk, vanilla extract and green food colouring.
- Put the cream mixture into an ice-cream maker and churn for 20 mins, or until softly whipped. Gently fold in the mint thins and pistachios. Transfer the mixture to a freezer-proof container, then cover and freeze for 2 hrs or until solid.
- About 15 mins before you are ready to serve, remove the ice cream from the freezer (this will ensure an easier scoop). Melt the mint chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Transfer to a small jug.
- To serve, scoop the ice cream into cones and, working quickly, pour over the melted chocolate. Scatter with the reserved pistachios before it sets, then eat immediately.
See more Dessert recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.