Rum and honey old fashioned recipe
If you enjoy a classic cocktail on the rocks, you'll love this Cuban-inspired twist on an old fashioned. Instead of bourbon and sugar, enjoy spiced dark rum and honey, muddled over ice and garnished with bitters and lemon peel. See method
- 75ml dark rum
- 2 tsp runny honey
- dash Angostura bitters (optional)
- 1 unwaxed lemon, to peel for a twist
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put the rum and honey together in a short rocks glass and stir with a teaspoon or cocktail stirrer until the honey has dissolved.
- Add 2 large ice cubes and stir gently until they begin to melt and slightly dilute the drink. Dash over a little Angostura bitters (if using) and use a vegetable peeler to cut a wide strip of zest from the lemon, trying not to catch too much of the bitter pith.
- Twist the strip of lemon peel over the drink to release the fragrant oils, then stir into the glass. Serve immediately.
See more Sun-downer cocktail recipes