Sherry-caramel ice cream sundae recipe
This sherry-caramel ice cream sundae recipe has a little bit of everything - creamy vanilla ice cream, toasted nuts, soft dates, crumbled shortbread and PX sherry swirled through caramel sauce. Layer up all the elements for an easy and indulgent Christmas dessert idea. See method
- ½ x 250g jar Tesco Finest salted caramel sauce
- 2½ tbsp Tesco Finest Pedro Ximenez sherry
- 40g pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 15g flaked almonds
- 1½ x 480g tubs Tesco Finest Madagascan vanilla ice cream
- 3 shortbread fingers (50g shortbread), cut into large pieces
- 25g soft pitted dates, finely sliced, plus extra slices to garnish
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Put the caramel sauce into a small saucepan and heat until loosened and warmed through. Remove from the heat and stir through the Pedro Ximenez sherry. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm, or cool to room temperature.
- Put the pecan halves and almond flakes into a frying pan. Heat, tossing frequently, for 2-3 mins until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Line up 4 sundae or serving glasses and add a few teaspoonfuls of the sauce into the bottom of each one. Layer up the remaining sauce with scoops of the vanilla ice cream, the shortbread biscuits, the dates and most of the nuts. Garnish with the extra slices of dates and the remaining nuts.
See more Christmas dessert recipes