This simple avocado on toast with poached eggs and tomatoes is so tasty and can be made in under 30 minutes. The 'Energiser' is perfect for a lazy breakfast or brunch when you need a little boost.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the tomatoes in a small roasting tin and cook for 15 minutes, or until softened and just starting to split.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pan with water and bring to the boil; add the vinegar. Cut the avocados in half and scoop out the flesh into a bowl (discard the stone). Add half the lime juice, the pepper sauce and some salt. Using the back of a spoon, roughly smash the avocado, until chunky but spreadable.
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting or set a griddle pan on the hob over a medium-high heat. Brush the sourdough slices with the oil on both sides and toast for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred.
- Poach the eggs in the pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny*. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Spread the sourdough toasts with the smashed avocado and divide between two plates, along with the roasted tomatoes and some salad. Top each with a poached egg and season with some freshly cracked black pepper. Serve with a drizzle of hot pepper sauce, if you like.
Tip: For a great flavour combo, rustle up a roasted red pepper, feta and rocket side salad.
See more #EvenBetter recipes
*If serving vulnerable groups, elderly people, toddlers, pregnant women and people who are unwell, cook eggs until the whites and yolks are solid.