Treat yourself to a cosy night in with a deliciously comforting dinner of grilled smoked haddock, served up with an indulgently fluffy, creamy mash.
- Preheat the grill to medium. In a medium pan of salted water, bring the potatoes to the boil, then reduce the heat and cover. Simmer for 20-25 mins, until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt half the butter in a small pan and add the leeks. Cover and sauté for 5 mins. Transfer to a small bowl and add the cheese, spring onions, 2 tsp mustard, 1 tbsp double cream and the parsley. Season and mix well.
- Line a large grill tray with foil and put the haddock loins on top. Pile the Cheddar and leek topping onto the fish and nestle the tomatoes alongside.
- Grill the fish and tomatoes for 12-15 mins, until the fish flakes and is cooked through and the topping is golden.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and leave to steam for 1 min. Using a potato masher, mash well, then mix in the remaining cream, butter and mustard. Serve alongside the fish and tomatoes, and garnish with a handful of parsley.
See more Haddock recipes