Help your mum wake up the right way and make the perfect Mother's Day breakfast-in-bed with the delightful smoked salmon, spinach and poached egg muffins.
- Preheat the oven to a low heat; gas 1, 150°C, fan 130°C.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Lightly toast and butter the muffins, then keep warm in the oven.
- Heat a knob of butter in a wok or large frying pan. Add the spinach, season, then toss in the pan until wilted, then drain.
- Pour the vinegar into the pan of water, then lower the heat so it is gently simmering. Crack 2 eggs into separate cups. Stir the water so you have a slight whirlpool, then slide in the eggs one by one. Cook for 3-4 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Meanwhile gently heat the hollandaise in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water. When ready to serve, arrange the muffins on four plates, each half slightly overlapping. Top each one with the spinach, smoked salmon and poached eggs. Spoon over the hollandaise, scatter with chives and grind over some black pepper.
See more Breakfast recipes
If serving vulnerable groups, elderly people, toddlers, pregnant women and people who are unwell, cook eggs until the whites and yolks are solid.