Smoked salmon roll with lemon, dill and prawns recipe
Make this easy, stylish starter on Christmas Eve, then simply slice to serve the following day. Clingfilm makes this starter super easy to make and clean up, exactly what you need when you're prepping your starter the day before an occasion. See method
- 340g smoked salmon
- 200g cream cheese
- 200g cooked North Atlantic prawns, chopped
- large handful chopped dill
- 2 lemons, 1 zested and juiced, 1 cut into wedges to serve
- 1 x 60g bag rocket, to serve
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Place a piece of clingfilm on a work surface and layer the smoked salmon pieces on top to form a 30cm x 27cm rectangle. Make sure there are no gaps showing in the salmon layers.
- In a bowl, stir the cream cheese until softened. Add the prawns, half the dill, lemon zest, half the lemon juice and a good grind of black pepper. Stir everything together well and taste, adding more dill, lemon or pepper as you like.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the smoked salmon, leaving 2.5cm uncovered along one longer edge. Roll up, using the clingfilm to help you, starting from the covered longer edge. Smooth the uncovered salmon edge over the roll to seal. Then wrap it tightly in the clingfilm, twisting the ends closed, and chill overnight in the fridge.
- Slice the roll into 12 pieces 2.5cm wide – leave the clingfilm on when doing this, as it will help to hold the pieces together. Put two pieces on each plate, carefully remove the clingfilm and garnish with the remaining dill. Serve with some rocket, the remaining lemon juice and a lemon wedge.
See more Christmas starters