These cake pop creepy crawlies are must-have for any Halloween dessert table. Complete with liquorice legs and edible eyes these spooky spiders will be loved by all the family.
- Break the muffins into rough chunks then crumble into fine crumbs with your fingertips. Alternatively, blitz to fine crumbs in the small bowl of a food processor. Add the crumbs to the chocolate icing and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Divide the mixture into equal chunks, each the size of a large walnut – about 37g (1 1/2oz) each (use an electronic scale to be really accurate). Roll into even balls between your palms. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with nonstick baking paper and chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Roll out the icing to 2-3mm thick, stamp out 6 circles, 6cm (2in) in diameter. Wrap each circle of icing around a cake ball, gently stretching and smoothing it over at the join and ‘polishing’ or buffing it with an open hand to make it shiny on top.
- Space out the cake pops on a board and stick 4 of the cut strips of liquorice firmly into each side, to make 8 legs in total. Mould the icing as needed to hold the legs securely in place.
- Decorate each spider pop with the icing to make eyes (white) and a mouth (red) to finish.
See more Halloween recipes