Cooked in a zesty yogurt and tarragon sauce, this succulent chicken casserole is bursting with fresh veggies and smoky pancetta, perfect for a long al fresco evening.
- Heat half the oil in a casserole or large lidded pan set over a medium-high heat. Season the chicken and add to the casserole or pan. Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove and set aside until needed.
- Heat the remaining oil in the casserole or pan. Add the onion and celery with a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and pancetta and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Return the chicken to the casserole or pan and pour over the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, loosely cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the peas and beans and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add the yogurt, lemon zest and juice, and herbs, and stir until everything is heated through. Serve with crusty bread for mopping up the juices, if you like.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Cook as instructed and allow to cool completely. Then transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container, seal and freeze for up to 1-3 months. To serve, defrost thoroughly in the fridge overnight before reheating. To reheat and serve, place on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the dish is heated through.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.