These veggie burgers are totally delicious, and you won't even notice that they are meat-free. Spiced chickpea patties combined with the sweetness of corn all finished off with a smoky tomato sauce.
- In a food processor, briefly whizz the chickpeas with the sweetcorn, breadcrumbs, spring onions, cumin, chilli, flour and seasoning, until the mixture comes together. With lightly dusted hands, shape into 6 patties; chill.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce. In a small pan, bring the tomatoes, garlic, paprika and sugar to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened; season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers, in batches, over a medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side (keep warm in the oven, if necessary).
- Alternatively, to cook the burgers on the barbecue, lightly brush with oil, place onto the barbecue grill (medium/high heat) and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning at regular intervals to make sure they don’t brown too much.
- To assemble, top the toasted bun bases with a burger, a spoonful of tomato sauce and some rocket. Top with the bun lids.
See more Vegetarian recipes