Tomato and aubergine pasta with chorizo breadcrumbs recipe
For dinner ready in under 30 minutes, try this simple tomato aubergine pasta recipe, topped with crispy chorizo breadcrumbs for a crunchy finishing touch. See method
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 aubergine, cut into 1cm cubes
- 350g penne
- 380g tomato and herb pasta sauce
- 100g chorizo ring, skin removed and finely diced
- 1 tiger roll, torn into breadcrumbs
- 100g lighter grated Cheddar
If you haven't got penne, try using fusilli or another short pasta
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the aubergine and fry for 8-10 mins until golden, soft and translucent. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 mins until tender, then drain.
- Stir the pasta sauce into the aubergine along with 50ml water and bring to a gentle simmer over a medium low heat for 8-10 mins.
- Put the chorizo in a separate nonstick frying pan, then place over a medium heat. Cook for 5-6 mins, stirring frequently, until golden and crisp and oil from the chorizo has been released into the pan. Sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and fry for a further 4-5 mins, stirring continually, until crisp and golden.
- Stir the pasta into the aubergine pan. Scatter over some of the chorizo crumbs and serve with the cheese and more chorizo crumbs alongside to sprinkle over at the table.
See more Easy pasta recipes