Crispy sausage and tomato pasta recipe
This crispy sausage and tomato pasta is a quick and easy dish that takes less than 20 minutes to make. Combining flavoursome pork sausages with a fresh tomato sauce, it's sure to be a family favourite. See method
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 pork sausages
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 15g fresh basil, chopped, a few whole leaves reserved
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 300g penne
- 100g grated Cheddar
If you haven't got penne, try using fusilli or another short pasta
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat the oil in a deep-sided frying pan over a medium high heat. Pinch the sausages from their skins into the pan to make small nuggets of sausagemeat. Fry, breaking up with a spatula or wooden spoon, for 8-10 mins until the sausage is crispy, golden brown and well broken up.
- Add the garlic, fry for 1 min, then stir in the chopped basil, cherry tomatoes and 150ml water. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 8-10 mins for the tomatoes to begin to break down.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and tip in the pasta. Cook for 8-10 mins until tender. Reserve 50ml cooking water and drain.
- Tip the cooked penne into the sauce and toss everything together. Season well with pepper and add a splash of the reserved pasta water to help coat the pasta with a little sauce. Serve scattered with the Cheddar and reserved basil leaves.
See more Pasta recipes