Turkey drumsticks with sage and onion butter recipe
Turkey is not just for Christmas! Turkey drumsticks are a great budget roast option any time of year – try this simple roast with a classic sage and onion butter that adds plenty of flavour and helps keep the turkey tender. See method
- 150g butter, softened
- 20g fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ onion, very finely chopped
- 2 x 900g turkey drumsticks
- 200ml chicken stock
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Mix the butter with the chopped sage, garlic, onion and seasoning. Loosen the skin from the turkey drumsticks and rub half the butter under the skin, then reshape and rub the remaining butter on top.
- Put the turkey in a large roasting tin and pour in the stock.
- Roast for 55-60 mins, basting with the buttery juices halfway through cooking, until the turkey is cooked through and the juices run clear. Leave to rest for 10 mins, then serve with the buttery sauce.
See more Turkey recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home