One-tray roast dinner
You don't need to have company to enjoy a delicious roast dinner. This simple one-tray roast comes with all the trimmings and is the ideal way to treat yourself to a special meal
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the potato and cook for 10-12 mins. Drain and leave to stream dry for 1 min before shaking in the colander to roughen up the edges of the potato.
- Heat the oil in a baking tray in the oven for 5 mins then carefully add the potatoes and parsnips. Roast in the oven for 20 mins, tossing occasionally.
- Wrap each chicken thigh in 2 rashers of bacon. Add to the potatoes along with the stuffing balls. Roast for 35-40 mins, turning the potatoes occasionally, until the chicken is cooked throughout and the potatoes are golden and crisp. Add the peas and Yorkshire pudding to the tray for the final 10 mins of cooking.
- When the roast is cooked, measure the gravy granules into a jug and top up with 150ml boiling water, stirring until smooth. Serve the roast drizzled with gravy.
Roast your leftover chicken thighs and add lunchtime salads or make this chicken club sandwich.
See more Roast Dinner Recipes
View full recipe details