Baked chorizo and spring greens risotto recipe
This chorizo risotto recipe with leeks, spring greens and zesty lemon is the ultimate healthy family dinner. Unlike typical risottos, this hassle-free recipe involves baking the whole dish in the oven, making the rice extra creamy, tender and delicious. See method
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g frozen sliced leeks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g frozen diced chorizo
- 250g arborio rice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 reduced-salt chicken stock cube, made up to 1.5ltrs
- 240g pack spring greens
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
If you don't have any leeks, try using spring or white onions instead
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Heat the oil in a deep, lidded flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion, leeks, garlic and chorizo and fry for 5-8 mins until the chorizo has released its oil and the veg has softened. Increase the heat to high, add the rice and stir for 2-3 mins until it has started to go translucent around the edges.
- Pour in the vinegar and chicken stock and put the lid on the casserole dish. Transfer to the oven and bake for 40 mins or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir through the spring greens and lemon juice; season with pepper. Replace the lid and leave to stand for 2 mins for the greens to wilt. Scatter with the lemon zest to serve.
See more Italian recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.