Kale is packed full of nutrients and taste nutty in this creamy risotto dish. Simple to make and delicious to eat, this is a great dish if you're wanting a meal for two.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Heat the oil in a small casserole or ovenproof pan with a lid.
- Add the shallots or onions and gently cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the rice and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly until the grains are translucent. Increase the heat a little and add the wine. Continue stirring until it has all been absorbed.
- Season the rice mixture and then pour over the hot stock. Bring to a simmer, then cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan, until golden. Season with a little sea salt and set aside.
- Remove the rice from the oven and stir in the kale and soft cheese. Cover and return to the oven for a further 10-12 minutes, or until the rice is tender and most of the stock has been absorbed. Stir in the cheese and divide between two plates. Scatter over the pumpkin seeds and serve immediately.
See more Dinner for two recipes