Baking bananas on the barbecue turns them deliciously sweet, especially when stuffed with chocolate fudge. These then become the topping for these gooey banoffee-inspired summer trifles.
- Brush 6 large sheets of foil with the olive oil and put a banana half, skin-side down, in the centre of each. Slice each banana down the centre to create a ‘boat’ and fill the gap with the fudge and chocolate. Wrap the foil round to make a parcel.
- Barbecue the parcels for 15 mins. Carefully remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, lightly whip the mascarpone in a bowl. Set aside.
- Divide the ginger cake between tumblers and drizzle each with a tbsp of rum. Divide the mascarpone between the tumblers.
- Unwrap the parcels and spoon the soft banana, chocolate and fudge mixture over each pudding tumbler. Serve immediately.
See more Barbecue recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.