These charred flatbreads are delicious served with dips, kebabs, or even fragrant curries. Easy to make at home, you can cook the flatbreads on a barbecue in summer, or alternatively on a hot griddle pan.
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil in a bowl and add enough water to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Shape into a smooth ball and place in a greased bowl.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave somewhere warm for about 30 minutes.
- When the dough has doubled in size, divide into quarters and roll out to rough oval shapes. Scatter with the rosemary and salt and place on the barbecue (or griddle pan) for 3-5 minutes or until puffed up.
- Drizzle with more oil before serving.
See more bread recipes