Blood orange possets recipe
This sophisticated pud matches indulgent cream with sharp, seasonal blood oranges. Perfect for Valentine's Day (or Galentine's) the gluten-free dessert takes just 15 minutes to make – just don't forget to it needs to set in the fridge overnight! See method
- 5-6 blood oranges, depending on their size
- 500ml light double cream, such as Elmlea
- 150g caster sugar
- 25g dark chocolate, grated, to serve
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Zest and juice 2 blood oranges. You will need 75ml orange juice, so juice another if necessary. Set the juice and zest aside.
- Put the cream and sugar in a large pan over a low heat and bring to the boil slowly, stirring until all of the sugar has dissolved. Then boil briskly for 3 mins, or until thickened and pale yellow in colour. Stir in the orange juice and zest. Divide the mix between glasses or small serving dishes and leave in the fridge overnight to set completely.
- Just before serving, remove the peel and pith from the remaining oranges and cut the flesh into thin rounds. Layer the rounds on top of the chilled possets, and sprinkle over the grated dark chocolate.
See more Dessert recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.