The two-step cooking process for the chicken in this recipe not only gives the meat great colour and flavour but also ensures it remains moist by baking it in the wine sauce.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Heat half the oil and half the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onions and fry over a medium heat until softened but not coloured. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the plain flour and stir well. Add the mustard, wine and thyme, turn up the heat and bubble for 5 minutes, add the stock and bubble for another 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Finally, stir in honey and set aside.
- Melt the rest of the oil and butter in a large frying pan, season the chicken breasts and pan fry for 3-4 minutes on each side in batches until golden brown on both sides.
- Place the chicken breasts into a large ovenproof dish, pour over the sauce and then bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, with no pink showing.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.