Caramelised bacon and chilli jam sarnies recipe
The bacon sarnie is a truly British breakfast staple, and this revamped version is perfect for those mornings when you're craving something extra. Pair creamy avocado with syrupy caramelised bacon rashers and sandwich between sourdough slices topped with sticky chilli jam – this indulgent sandwich is definitely worth getting out of bed for! See method
- 4 tbsp Tesco Finest chilli relish
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 rashers dry-cured unsmoked streaky bacon
- 4 slices sourdough
- 1 small avocado, stoned and sliced
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the grill to high. Mix 2 tbsp chilli relish with the sugar. Arrange the bacon on a foil-lined grill rack and brush with half the relish and sugar mix. Grill for 4 mins, then flip over and brush with the remaining relish and sugar mix. Grill for a further 4–5 mins until sticky and beginning to crisp up, keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Arrange the avocado over 2 slices of bread and top with the bacon. Spread 1 tbsp chilli relish on each of the other slices of bread, then use to sandwich.
See more Breakfast recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.