Chicken, mozzarella and Parma ham recipe
Who wouldn’t love cheesy mozzarella-stuffed chicken wrapped in crisp, Parma ham for dinner or lunch? This speedy recipe is ready in just 30 minutes and super-easy to prepare. See method
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 250g ball mozzarella, sliced into 8
- 20g fresh basil
- 1 x 78g pack Parma ham
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salad or steamed greens, to serve (optional)
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Lay the chicken fillets on a chopping board, season all over and make a small incision (about 4-5cm long and 3cm deep) with a sharp knife in the middle of each one.
- Stuff 2 slices of the mozzarella and 3 basil leaves into the ‘pocket’ – don’t worry if either is poking out a little. Wrap each chicken breast with 1½ slices of the Parma ham to cover the breast and seal in the pocket.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sear the chicken and ham parcels on both sides until golden. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until the chicken is cooked through with no pink showing (cut into the thickest part of the breast to check the meat is cooked through). Serve with a side salad or some steamed greens, if you like.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.