Chilli hot chocolate with marshmallows recipe
Wrap your hands around a mug of fiery hot chocolate this autumn. Topped with gooey marshmallows and pillowy cream, it’s the perfect luxurious treat to cosy up with. See method
- 500ml whole milk
- 1 red chilli, lightly crushed
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- spray cream
- 6-8 marshmallows
- a little cocoa powder, to dust
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Heat the milk with the chilli in a small saucepan over a low heat until it just boils.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring until melted. Infuse for 5 mins, discard the chilli and pour into 2 mugs. Spray with a layer of cream.
- Thread the marshmallows onto 2 metal skewers. Grill under a high heat for roughly 1 min until browned. Put on top of the cream and dust with the cocoa.
Go gooey and grill the marshmallows until they begin to melt inside.
Add a little Irish cream, brandy or salted caramel liqueur for a boozy treat.
For a dairy-free option, replace the whole milk with almond milk and use whipped coconut cream for the topping.
See more Drinks recipes
As part of a healthy balanced diet, we recommend this recipe for a special occasion or treat.