Chocolate hazelnut melt-in-the-middle croissants recipe
Pimp frozen croissants with chocolate spread and hazelnuts for a delectable breakfast or brunch. Want to take it to the next level? Add a scoop of ice cream for dessert. See method
- 4 frozen all butter croissants
- 70g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp roasted chopped hazelnuts
- 60g chocolate hazelnut spread
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Cook the croissants according to the pack instructions; leave to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar, cocoa powder and 2 tbsp water in a small bowl until well-combined into a thick icing. Dip the top of each croissant into the icing, then sprinkle with the hazelnuts and set aside on a tray to set.
- When the icing is firm, warm the chocolate hazelnut spread in a small saucepan until warmed and loose. Fill a small piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle with the spread. Using a small knife, cut a cross into the back of the croissant (midway down) then insert the nozzle and pipe a quarter of the mixture into each one. Enjoy while still warm.
See more Christmas breakfast and brunch recipes