A beautiful addition to your Christmas desserts table, these crisp, delicious brandy snap baskets are combined with fresh pomegranate and tangy clementines.
- Heat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Line two flat baking trays with nonstick baking paper.
- Put the butter, sugar and syrup in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved – this will take 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the lemon zest and brandy. Then stir in the flour and ginger until you have a smooth consistency. Place 4 separate dollops of the mixture, each about 2 teaspoons in size, onto each tray, allowing plenty of room for them to spread.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes until golden brown and lacy in appearance. Meanwhile, lightly grease 8oranges or small ramekins. Leave the biscuits to cool slightly – around 1 minute. When they are set but still pliable, lift with a palette knife, draping each one over a prepared orange or ramekin.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the oranges or ramekins and place the baskets upright.
- For the filling, use an electric hand mix to whisk together the cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form. Then whisk in the brandy. Spoon 1 or 2 heaped tablespoons into each basket, and top with the clementine and pomegranate seeds. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
See more Christmas desserts recipes