Get your chopsticks ready and rustle up this speedy stir-fry. Loaded with crispy beef and kale, it's perfect for a quick midweek meal.
- Cook the rice following the pack instructions, then set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok until almost smoking. Meanwhile, combine the cornflour, Chinese five spice and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Toss the strips of beef in the cornflour mixture to coat.
- In a bowl, mix the soy, lime juice and chilli sauce, then set aside.
- Cook the beef in the wok in two batches, each for 2-3 mins, until golden and crispy. Transfer to kitchen paper to drain and discard the oil. Once finished, discard any vegetable oil left in the wok.
- Heat the sesame oil in the wok over a medium-high heat, then add the chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook for 30 secs, then add the pepper and cook for 2 mins, stirring often. Add the kale and cook for a further 2-3 mins, stirring often, until it has wilted.
- Return the beef and the soy mixture to the wok. Cook for 2-3 mins, then serve with the rice.
See more Beef recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.