Croquette potatoes recipe
These restaurant looking croquette potatoes are bound to impress your guests! See method
- 1kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into even chunks
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 small egg yolks
- flaked sea salt, to garnish
If you haven't got any Maris Pipers, try using King Edward potatoes
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Cook the potato in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until tender; usually 15-20 minutes. Drain once ready and let the potatoes steam-off a little before mashing with the melted butter and seasoning until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks when the mixture is still warm and beat well until incorporated. Spoon the mash mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 2-3 cm in diameter star-shaped nozzle.
- Pre-heat the grill to hot. Pipe blobs of the potato mixture well spaced apart onto baking trays. Grill for a few minutes until the croquettes are golden and crisp on the outside.
- Remove from the grill when ready and season with a little of the flaked sea salt before serving.