Chicken nuggets but not as you know it! Kids will love this crunchy quinoa coating, which adds a slightly nutty flavour and a crisp texture. Serve the nuggets with chips, peas and a good dollop of tomato ketchup for an easy meal idea the whole family will enjoy.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, 180°C fan. Line 2 baking trays with nonstick baking paper.
- Cook the quinoa as instructed on the pack. When done, spoon the cooked quinoa onto one of the baking trays, cover with a clean tea towel and set aside to cool completely (the tea towel will absorb any excess moisture).
- Put the flour on a dinner plate and season with a little salt and pepper. Break the egg into a bowl, season and whisk briefly with a fork.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size chunks. Toss the pieces in the flour until well coated, then dip into the beaten egg. Shake off any excess egg and put the chicken pieces in the cooled quinoa.
- Use your fingers to press the quinoa onto the chicken.
- Arrange the coated chicken pieces on the second baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and cook in the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through with no pink showing.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.