Fried miso chicken with sriracha mayo recipe
If you're rustling up a platter of party food, then you'll want to include these crispy-coated chicken pieces. Guests will love dipping them into a creamy sriacha mayonnaise and enjoying the contrasting textures. See method
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 2.5cm piece ginger, grated
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, skinned and off the bone
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 100g mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
If you don't have any spring onions, try using white onions or leeks and adjust the amount accordingly
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Mix the miso paste, mirin, soy sauce, garlic and ginger into a smooth paste in a small mixing bowl.
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces and put into a large mixing bowl. Tip in the miso and mix everything together. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 mins to marinate, then remove and allow to come to room temperature.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan over a low-medium heat. Add the flour and breadcrumbs to the chicken and toss together. Test the oil by putting in a piece of the chicken. It should gently bubble and rise up to the surface. If ready, add 6-8 pieces of chicken at a time and cook for 3-4 mins, until golden and cooked through with no pink meat showing. Remove with a slotted metal spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Bring the oil back to the right temperature and continue cooking the rest of the chicken in batches.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise and sriracha in small mixing bowl and spread out over a serving plate. Arrange the cooked chicken over the top of the mayonnaise and scatter over the spring onions and chilli. Serve immediately.
See more Festive party food ideas
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.