This easy to assemble gluten-free lasagne is perfect for sharing with friends, family and enjoying on cosy nights in. Layers of delicious minced beef mixes with cherry tomatoes and gooey, melted Parmesan for a comforting slice of Italian-inspired heaven. And, it's completely gluten-free!
- Pre-heat oven to gas 4, 200°C, fan 180°C. Place the mince, onion and garlic in a pan and fry, stirring until the beef is browned with no trace of pink.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, pepper and wine. Bring to the boil and simmer 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the lasagne in boiling salted water for 3 mins, until just pliable. Drain, rinse in cold water and spread out on a work surface in a single layer to prevent sticking.
- For the sauce, bring the milk to the boil with the onion and bay leaf. Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 10-15 mins. Strain the milk and place back in the pan with the butter and flour. Whisking constantly, bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 5 mins until thickened and smooth.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the meat mixture, lasagne and sauce. End with the sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cook in pre-heated oven for 30-40 mins. Cover with foil and leave to rest for 15 mins before slicing, so the layers hold their shape.
- Meanwhile, lay the cherry tomatoes in a small roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 mins. Serve the lasagne with the tomatoes and a watercress salad.
See all Gluten-free recipes
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Once the dish has cooled completely, transfer it to an airtight, freezer-safe container, seal and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, defrost thoroughly in the fridge overnight before reheating. Loosely cover with foil and bake until dish is thoroughly heated through. Reheat until piping hot.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.