Start your morning right with this yummy, savoury pancake recipe. Loaded with crunchy kale, juicy mushrooms and creamy feta cheese, these light and fluffy pancakes will give you that much-needed boost of energy.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan and cook the spring onions for 2-3 mins, until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 min more. Stir in the paprika, kale and feta, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- For the pancakes, put the flour in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Make a well in the centre, crack in the eggs and add 25ml milk, then gradually add the remainder of milk, stirring in slowly until smooth.
- Heat a little more oil in a nonstick, shallow frying pan. When hot, add a ladleful of batter, swirl to fill the pan and cook until the underside is golden. Release the edges with a knife, then flip and cook the other side. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 8-10 pancakes, layering baking paper in between them.
- Leave to cool completely, then lay a pancake on baking paper, spoon over some kale and feta mix, then top with another pancake. Repeat with the remaining pancakes, finishing with one on top. To serve, slice into quarters.
Freezing and defrosting guidelines
Wrap the whole stack in baking paper, then in 2 layers of clingfilm. Alternatively, slice into 4 and freeze in freezer bags as individual portions. Label and freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost overnight in the fridge. Bake at gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C in an ovenproof dish covered with foil for 15 mins.
See more Vegetarian recipes