Korean and Mexican food cultures come together deliciously in this flavour-packed, crowd-pleasing dinner recipe that can be rustled up in under half an hour. Let guests pack their own tortillas with aromatic chicken, fiery kimchi coleslaw and a zesty squeeze of lime.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, hot pepper sauce and cornflour. Mix until smooth. Stir in the ginger, garlic and chicken. Set aside while you prepare the coleslaw.
- In a large bowl, mix the kimchi and mayonnaise together. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. Season and set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large wok over a medium to high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir as you cook, gradually adding about 200ml (1/2pt) water to prevent the sauce from getting too thick – it should be glossy and smooth.
- Bring everything to the table and let people build up their own tortillas with a layer of chicken, the kimchi mayonnaise coleslaw and a squeeze of lime.
See more Chicken recipes
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home and view the full Food safety at home video.