Lacy pancakes recipe
Impress a loved one with these heart-shaped, lace-effect pancakes. Simply grab an icing bottle and get creative! See method
- 125g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200ml whole milk
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- caster sugar and lemon juice, to serve (optional)
You will also need
Each serving contains
of the reference intake
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Whisk the egg and milk together in a jug. Pour into the well while whisking to form a smooth batter.
- Fill an icing bottle with some of the batter and screw on the smallest round nozzle (you'll need to re-fill a few times).
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and brush with a little of the melted butter.
- Drizzle the batter into the pan in a heart shape (while gently pushing the base of the bottle), then fill in the middle with swirling motions to create a lacy effect. Cook for 1 min, or until golden underneath. Gently turn the pancake over with a palette knife, and cook for a further 30 secs. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with caster sugar and a drizzle of lemon juice.
See more Breakfast recipes